Monday 29 December 2008

Things From My Childhood That Make Me Slightly Odd.


• When I was little I loved cherry tomatoes until one day I saw my Mum cut one in half and the middle creeped me out so much I didn't eat them again for years.
• The floors of B&Q had weird multi-coloured patterns on them so whenever we had to get DIY stuff, I stepped on the same colours an equal amount on each foot. But without people noticing, crafty.
• If I moved my hand in a certain way I had to repeat it until I did it exactly the same as I did in the first place.
• I always thought that if no part of my body was outside the duvet then nothing could hurt me.
• I used to get mega upset if I thought someone was going to yell at me, even if they weren't.
• Old ladies always tried to touch my hair, as though they'd never seen long hair before.
• If I didn't know the answer to a question in class I just wrote the letters or numbers so close together that the teacher wouldn't be able to tell whether I'd got it right or not.
• I always thought that ketchup and baked beans were overrated.
• One time when I had cut myself just before having a bath, not long after hearing that sharks could smell blood from really far away, I keep thinking that a shark would smash up through the end of my bath Jaws-styley and attack me. I kept to the other end of the bath.
• I used to love collecting Pokemon cards but never actually played the Pokemon game.
• I used to have elaborate back stories for all of my toys.

1 comment:

Pandora said...

that part about not having a part of your body out from under the duvet,is hilarious,and totally me.even today.i wrap myself up like a burrito,and i even sleep with this really soft pillow on my head.which is a good thing,because my new kitten has started jumping on my head in the morning.

love your blog!